Oregano Essential Oil is known to be one of the most powerful and potent essential oils and for this reason, it should be approached with extra care – only a very small amount is needed to reap the many Oregano Oil benefits.
- Above all, Oregano Oil is highly valued for its anti-viral, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and antibacterial properties; because of this, the benefits of Oregano Essential Oil are known to boost the immune system and overall wellbeing. It is also known to be a rich source of antioxidants, which makes it beneficial to those wanting to fight the look of aging, treat acne and brighten complexion.
- Because of these powerful anti-inflammatory properties, the benefits of Oregano Essential Oil are known to help alleviate muscle and joint aches and pains associated with aging. In saying this, it is commonly used to promote speedy muscle recovery resulting from injury.
- When diffused and inhaled, certain Oregano Essential Oil benefits have been seen to help with respiratory related issues such as coughing, congestion and throat irritation.
- The benefits of Oregano Oil may also be effective in relieving the redness, itchiness and irritation caused by insect bites and stings. Plus, its anti-fungal properties make it useful in remedying skin blemishes, nail fungus and foot odour.
- In addition, the powerful chemical makeup within Oregano Oil works to prevent the spread of bugs, germs and bacteria; this makes it a popular essential oil for cleaning.
For those wanting to create their own essential oil blend, Oregano Essential Oil blends well with Bergamot essential oil, Chamomile Roman, Cypress, Eucalyptus, Lavender, Lemon, Pine and Rosemary essential oils.